Reporting Fraud, Waste and Abuse
The Seminole County Clerk of the Court and Comptroller’s Office is striving to make local government more effective, open and accessible to all citizens. Therefore, the Clerk is very interested in receiving any citizen or employee concerns regarding fraud, waste, or abuse within Seminole County government operations. The Clerk’s Division of Inspector General is charged with the responsibility for reviewing and responding to any citizen or employee concerns with regard to reported fraud, waste, or abuse within Seminole County government operations.
There are four (4) ways to report a concern to the Seminole County Clerk’s Division of Inspector General:
- Hotline: 866-889-8808 or AlertLine. This is a ethics hotline operated by Global Solutions.
- Report here on the website.
- Send Email to email@example.com. Your E-Mail address will be known; see below.
- Personally contact the Inspector General's office:
301 N. Park Avenue
Sanford, FL 3277
Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to public records requests, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing (also a public record).
Instructions for Reporting an Issue
- Describe your concern with as much detail as possible. Provide the names of all individuals involved, including any other witnesses. Give the dates and times the incident(s) occurred and where it happened. State whether there is any supporting documentation to be provided. It can be sent to the address above.
- For email, please keep a record of the date and time you send your communication. These two items will serve as your identification codes if you choose to follow up on any concerns reported.
- If no contact information is provided, please call the hotline above two weeks after reporting your concern(s). Often after we start our investigation, questions arise or further clarification is necessary to continue the investigation. Therefore, it is extremely important for you to contact us after the initial contact.