Reporting Fraud, Waste and Abuse
To inquire about a court case, child support, or a court-related question, please call 407-665-4300 for faster service.
The Seminole County Clerk of the Court and Comptroller’s Office is striving to make local government more effective, open and accessible to all citizens. Therefore, the Clerk is very interested in receiving any citizen or employee concerns regarding fraud, waste, or abuse within Seminole County government operations. The Clerk’s Division of Inspector General is charged with responsibility for reviewing and responding to any citizen or employee concerns with regard to reported fraud, waste, or abuse within Seminole County government operations.
Instructions for Reporting an Issue
- Describe your concern with as much detail as possible. Include the dates and times the incident or incidents occurred, where it happened, and the names of all individuals involved (including any other witnesses). State whether you have any supporting documentation to provide--you can send this documentation to the Inspector General's office at the address below.
- If you choose to report via E-mail, please keep a record of the date and time you send your report. These two items will serve to identify you as the person who reported your concern, if you choose to follow up on it.
- If you remain anonymous, please call the hotline at 866-889-8808 two weeks after reporting your concern. Often, after we start our investigation, we need more information or clarification to continue it. Your follow-up contact is, therefore, extremely important.
There are four (4) ways to report a concern to the Seminole County Clerk’s Division of Inspector General:
- Call the AlertLine hotline at 866-889-8808. This is an ethics hotline operated by Global Solutions.
- Report the issue here on the website, with the option to remain anonymous.
- Send Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your E-Mail address will be known; see below.
- Personally contact the Inspector General's office:
407-665-4488 301 N. Park Avenue Sanford, FL 32771
Remember, if you remain anonymous, please call the hotline at 866-889-8808 two weeks after reporting your concern. Often, after we start our investigation, we need more information or clarification to continue it. Your follow-up contact is, therefore, extremely important.
Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to public records requests, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing (which will also become a public record).
Reporting Fraud, Waste and Abuse Online
Use the form here to submit a report of waste, fraud or abuse of County resources.