The Inspector General’s Office can only investigate waste, fraud, and abuse in the operations and financial records of Seminole County government agencies, departments, employees, and others under the authority of the Board of County Commissioners. We also investigate fraud in guardianship cases filed in Seminole County.
We do not investigate complaints on issues such as civil litigation, judges, attorneys, immigration, or criminal cases. Those complaints should be filed with the proper law enforcement or regulatory agency.
There are four (4) ways to report a concern to the Seminole County Clerk’s Division of Inspector General:
- Hotline: 866-889-8808 or AlertLine. This hotline is operated by Global Solutions.
- Report here on the website using the online form at the bottom of this page.
- Send Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your E-Mail address will be known; see below.
- Personally contact the Inspector General’s office:
301 N. Park Avenue
Sanford, FL 3277
Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to public records requests, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing (also a public record).
Instructions for Reporting an Issue
- Describe your concern with as much detail as possible. Provide the names of all individuals involved, including any other witnesses. Give the dates and times the incident(s) occurred and where it happened. State whether there is any supporting documentation to be provided. It can be sent to the address above.
- For email, please keep a record of the date and time you send your communication. These two items will serve as your identification codes if you choose to follow up on any concerns reported.
- If no contact information is provided, please call the hotline above two weeks after reporting your concern(s). Often after we start our investigation, questions arise or further clarification is necessary to continue the investigation. Therefore, it is extremely important for you to contact us after the initial contact.