For recording, indexing and filing any instrument (not more than 14" x 8.5"):
- First page - $10.00
- Each additional page or fraction thereof - $8.50
- For indexing instruments recorded in the Official Records which contain more than four names, per additional name - $1.00
For examining, certifying and recording plats & condominium exhibits (larger than 14" x 8.5"):
- First page - $30.00
- Each additional page - $15.00
For recording a Notice of Lis Pendens:
- First page - $5.00
- Each additional page - $4.00
Tax on Documents:
Deeds: Documentary stamps must be placed on any deed or other like instrument conveying any interest in real property (land) at the rate of 70¢ per $100.00 (or fraction thereof of the full purchase price.) A 70¢ stamp must be placed on any gift of property or any deed with a property valuation of less than $100.00.
Mortgages and written obligations to pay money are taxed at the rate of 35¢ per $100.00 (or fraction thereof.)
Agreements & Contracts for Deeds are taxed at the rate of 35¢ per $100.00 (or fraction thereof)on the amount of any payments made and the unpaid balance of the agreement or contract; plus, tax at the rate of 70¢ per $100.00 (or fraction thereof) of the full purchase price. Stamp tax is not due again on the recorded deed made pursuant to the contract.
Intangible Personal Property Tax:
Mortgage notes (and any promise to pay a sum of money on real estate) are taxed at the rate of two mills on the dollar value of the mortgage/promise to pay.
- Documents must be properly executed (signed, witnessed, acknowledge, and notarized under seal.)
- Documents must have a proper "prepared by" statement.
- Documents must, when required, have the proper documentary stamps affixed.
- Documents must have a blank space (3" x 3") on the top right-hand corner on the first page, a blank space (1" x 3") on the top right-hand corner on each subsequent page, reserved for use by the Clerk of the Court.
- You must provide a stamped self-addressed envelope if you require the recorded documents returned after processing.